Tips for taxpayers who need to file an amended tax return

Author: C.A.C Financial Services | | Categories: Credit Restoration Assistance , Identity Protection Assistance , IRS Tax Help , Payroll Services , Personal Budgeting Assistance , Small Business Accounting , Small Business Bookkeeping , Tax Debt Resolution Services

Blog by C.A.C Financial Services

  1. Use the Interactive Tax Assistant to help determine if you should file an amended tax return.
  2. Don’t amend for math errors or missing forms.
  3. Wait until receiving a refund for the tax year 2019 before filing.
  4. File Form 1040-X to amend.
  5. Amend to correct the filing status or to report additional income.
  6. Pay additional tax.
  7. File within a three-year time limit.
  8. Use separate forms if amending more than one tax year.
  9. Track amended return status online. Where’s My Amended Return?